Saturday, July 08, 2006

Day Eleven

Yesterday I also got to see the prototype rain hood for the Versatile at Flevobike, but I can't seem to get a picture of it from their website to upload here. If you are curious enough, just go to www.flevobike.NL and check out the Nieuws. It looks as though it has just become available for sale at 199Euro.

Today I went back to Ligfietshop Tempelman and picked up my suitcase, and some heavy duty tires. The suitcase fits on top of the trailer ok, but looks rather odd.

Come to find out, the bar/restaurant is closed today, so I went to the market and bougt some rolls, ham and kaas (cheese) , some Pepsi light ( There are no "diet" pops in NL) and since there was a liquor store next door, a small bottle of Jack to go with it. Another relaxing afternoon and evening at Wissenbos.

I met a police officer today. Apparently there had been an altercation acrooss the way, which I was presumed to have witnessed, but I assured him that I had neither seen or heard anything. What was so unusual about the meeting was that when he started asking questions, and I asked if he spoke English, he stopped mid sentence and said: "switch." He then began again, speaking English as fluently as you or I. ( Most Dutch people, when asked if they speak English get this look on their face like you are testing them, and say "a bit." They invariably do so quite well.) I tried to learn some Dutch before coming here, but I really had insufficient vocabulary to be functional.

I stopped at the VVV yesterday as well, and picked up maps of Dronten and Almere. The one of Dronten got me to Flevobike, and the one of Almere will hopefully get me to Franz's house. I planned a route that would take me through some wooded areas on my way to Almere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home