Friday, July 07, 2006

Day Eight


Packed up wet, paid the owner4Euro and was on the path again by 8:00. I was on my way to Assen to find the home of Robert,the owner of Versatile #13, where I would be staying that night,previous to riding with the Huneliggers ( a group of Velomobile riders ) the next day. Not that groups of velomobile riders are referred to as Hunneliggers, but that was the name of their group. I found more Big KIT KAT bars at the Tank station, and an excellent map of Assen as well. Not only could I tell right where I was for a change, I could also see how to get to where I was going. I found the home of Robert. He wasn't expecting me till that evening, and I was way early. He took off to fly RC aircraft, and I took off for the centrum of Assen, in search of a coffeeshop to replenish supplies. The secret word for today, boys and girls: snow white. They don't spell it like that, though. I just went into the city, found a main street, and followed it till I found the nearest coffeeshop, and picked 5grams of the best they had. WOW. We ARE missing the point of it all in this country. I sat by the window to keep an eye on the Versatile, and enjoyed a bowl before returning to Robert's house, where I leaned against his back fence in the carport and relaxed till he returned. I had lunch while I was in the city as well, at what would compare to a diner over here. Robert cooked up a bunch of Pasta and veggies for dinner that went real well. The map of Assen I had purchased was very helpful. There are red bike paths that lead from the city centrum to the surrounding residential areas. Even those were on the map. It was nice to know where I was for a change.
Not too much pictoral input for today, but here's a shot of my beautiful Versatile at one of my many rest stops on the fietspad. I pulled out the tent and let it dry in Robert's back yard while I was in Assen in the afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home